Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position provides engineering, design, analysis capabilities and leadership to support commercialization of products from Oceaneering's Technology Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineer will be assigned to the technology group for technology development within Oceaneering. This function will support all business units within Oceaneering with specific development projects which bring new added value to business streams.
While in the technology group, the engineer will:
- Work well within a team and individually
- Be a driving force/leader for Oceaneering's new technology developments.
- On a regular basis, the engineer can be expected to:
- Develop concept of operations (CONOPS) at both the system and detail level
- Participate in technical reviews
- Lead operational risk assessment activities, such as HazID and HazOP
- Perform time studies in support of technical trade studies
- Design or evaluate topside and subsea control systems
- Design or check engineering calculations / analysis for subsea control systems
- Design and evaluate PLC Software for complex controls systems
- Design and evaluate Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) for complex controls systems
- Develop and implement training programs
- Develop and implement asset tracking and maintenance programs
- Develop operational procedures
- Develop testing procedures for qualification, factory acceptance, and offshore readiness testing.
Additionally, the engineer will need to support early inception of the development into the business unit. This will include:
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment.
- Design of test equipment.
- Participating in operational risk assessments.
- Preparing scopes of supply.
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals.
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations.
- Preparing project-specific procedures.
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project.
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore.
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians.
- Provide engineering status and progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent.
- Experience developing subsea control systems (2+ years' experience).
- Rockwell programming experience (2+ years' experience).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Hands on experience with common lab equipment and shop floor tools.
- Ability to analyze complex electrical controls circuits for functionality, electrical loads, and failure modes.
- 3+ years of engineering experience.
- Knowledge of PLC architecture development (Rockwell Preferred), safety function definition, component selection (Topside and Subsea), circuit design, requirements development, trade study, block diagram development and Bills of Material.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages.
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems.
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes.
- Knowledge of reliability engineering processes.
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of power and communications(copper/fiber) distribution.
- Mechanical design, including: materials selection, structural design, mechanisms design, design for assembly.
- Hydraulic design, including understanding subsea pressure/flow.
- Knowledge of industry codes: API 17F/G and ISO-13628-6/7.
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems.
- Knowledge of ROV's.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.