Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Reporting to Digital Technology Team leader, the Software Engineer will be responsible for SAP solutions for all business processes and related custom developments. The candidate will establish operating rhythm with Program Managers/Project Managers/Business Process Leaders/ Business users to collaborate on Projects implementation- Rollouts /support opportunities for simplification/standardization/Improvements.
In this role, you will:
• Own or participate in complete SAP HCM projects / roll-outs.
• Collaborate with Technical and Functional leads, Project Managers, and cross functional stakeholders/partners for development activities.
• Establish, promote, and drive best practices in software development across the entire SDLC.
• Demonstrate and maintain a commitment to quality, security, efficiency, and maintainability.
• Demonstrate and mentor maturity and an understanding that code alone does not equal a finished product. Help foster and maintain excellent documentation practices and a belief that maintainable code, with an ample knowledge base of accurate and current documentation is a software development best practice.
• Be accountable for the quality of solutions delivered by project and support teams and to the best of your ability assist BPLs, SMEs, other developers, and end users in excellent testing guidance.
• Provide technical leadership in providing solution designs, development reviews.
• Effectively communicate in an ever changing, highly matrixed organization
• Coordinate process design or re-engineering with internal project manager(s)
• Under limited supervision, design, implements codes test and maintain automated and manual processes in support of business needs and/or corporate strategy.
• Coordinate process design or re-engineering with utilizing internal project management methodology.
• Acts as liaison between global implementation teams and business partners while eliciting requirements for process improvement.
• Work with customers to understand their business processes and needs while managing expectations within the scope of existing business strategies.
• Build and manage business cases to justify projects that fall within scope.
• May coordinate user support efforts and craft solutions to complex problems.
• Provide technical leadership on complex projects.
• May be responsible for multiple phases of a project.
• Formulate/define system scope and objectives.
• Lead project/work teams and instruct, direct and check the work of less experienced personnel.
• Provide support for complex business applications.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical design documentations.
• Additional responsibilities include code and design review of IT applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Engineering/Business Management with minimum 7+ years of SAP HCM ABAP work experience with minimum 4+ years on ECC 6.0
• Strong knowledge in SAP HCM experience in PA, OM, Time Management, US and CA payroll.
• Hands on exposure to work on HR reports, HR interfaces, Conversion, HR enhancements HR forms and workflows like leave approval, expense approval etc
• Experience in ESS/MSS portal will be added advantage
• Work with functional SMEs to understand, document technical requirements, develop, and test new or enhanced interfaces between Workday and SAP
• Develop and maintain technical design documentation
• Perform unit testing and document test results
• Experience leading a team, doing technical reviews, setting development standards.
• Good cross functional knowledge as required for technical lead level with proficiency in at least 1 module.
• Experience of working in a structured environment, following software engineering practices.
• Experience in working with globally distributed multi-cultural teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated, Self-starter
• Able to travel overseas
• 6+ years experience with CMMI-5 company.
• Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer.
• Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization. Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key.
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
• Experience and understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle
• Working experience on Agile methodology
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• A questioning attitude and a willingness to ask "why" until the right problem is identified and the right solution can be developed
• Exposure to new dimensional SAP technologies like Fiori and SAP HANA
• Exposure to project management tools, SAP-BI, ABAP-HR, SAP PI