- The Global Logistics Customs Analyst - APAC will ensure adherence to all international export laws and regulations as it relates to the importation and exportation of goods and technology. This position will provide support for the execution of daily import / export operations in the region, including trouble-shooting and root cause analysis for any issues impacting the efficient movement of goods across international borders.
The role of Customs Analyst APAC, you will:
- Resolve daily inquiries regarding US & other region export shipments and inbound import "green-light" approval.
- Help to prepare export & import documentation when necessary.
- Work closely with manufacturing and services locations to develop, train & deploy the origin logistics model - ensuring all export & import requirements are accurately documented before equipment ships from the seller's dock.
- Support programs and projects that take advantage of Free Trade Agreements (including management of certificates of origin from Suppliers) and any other duty-savings opportunities (like Advance licenses / EPCG)
- Support the region (internal locations & external suppliers) with establishing standard requirements for shipment documentation, both import & export. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data with customs brokers.
- Ensre adequate document retention within the region to support compliance with government agencies and international trade regulations. When necessary, assist legal counsel, logistics and sales.
- Facilitate the acquisition of export and import licenses in close coordination with BHGE ITC regional and product company leader.
- Resolve transactional issues relating to the clearance of shipped goods by working daily with brokers and other related logistics providers.
- Act as primary point of contact for internal stakeholders, customers and vendor queries.
- Responsible for executing daily import / export operations in the region including trouble-shooting and root cause analysis for any issues impacting the efficient movement of goods across international borders.
- Regulatory compliance requirement-Customs COE Initiatives like: Classification, GST, Customs regulations, Documentation Compliance, Fair Trade practices.
- Assist with auditing customs transactions to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and provide regular reporting of compliance metrics.
- Improvement work including Lessons Learnt sessions
- Promote and ensure compliance to company &/or regulatory Trade Compliance
- Minimum 3-4 year of experience working with logistics & trade compliance
- Proven ability to successfully lead
- Proven applied understanding of Import and exporting customs clearance processes and Foreign Trade Policy.
- Work closely with the global product classification and provide advise on Tariff Schedule
- Ability to integrate cross-functional perspectives into problem-solving and issue management
- Proven ability to develop practical or innovative alternative approaches and give recommendations based on business and professional knowledge
- Ability to provide guidance to other employees
- Ability to make decisions with broad parameters
- Ability to effectively facilitate & lead customer meetings
- Master English both written and verbally
- Relevant industry experience in Customs, Foreign Trade Policy & Logistics
- Degree or relevant experience in Customs &/or Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge and experience within Customs, Foreign Trade Policy & International Trade Compliance
- Business acumen and commercial skills
- PC Literate: Word, Excel, Power Point