Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Materials Planner will be responsible for defined work or projects procurement with moderate complexity. In this role, you will execute an individual work plan, balance day-to-day needs with longer-term objectives, do right level of risk assessment & timely escalation for help as required.
• Interface with planning, production, sourcing, quality, warehouse and suppliers in order to schedule purchase orders of material to meet demand
• Timely order release to suppliers, follow up for order acknowledgement & maintain promise dates for purchase orders for better planning visibility
• Be responsible for updating material master data in ERP, editing routines documents as needed.
• Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and maintain minimum safety stock levels.
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit
• Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy with support of inventory controller.
• Manage and respond to MRP exceptions messages, ensuring procurement date accuracy
• Ensure quarterly inventory targets are met. Monitor supplier OTD improvement/sustenance.
• Monitor supplier payments on time and quick action for rejection material return to vendor & obtain credit note.
• Evaluate and drive resolution on all supply issues. Monitor implementation of CAPA as applicable.
• Be responsible for inventory management to avoid SMI
• Perform some or all of the required functions from initiation of intent to purchase to satisfactory delivery of material or service
• Bachelor's degree from any accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in a manufacturing management or planning position)
• At least 3 additional years of experience in Inventory Management and Warehouse Modules, Materials, or Production Planning and Control
• Expertise in reading casting spec for effective communication with foundries and casting procurement experience for a valve industry
• Prior work experience in SAP Supply chain planning & procurement module.
• Analytical and system proficiency skills
• Ability to effectively operate in any organizational structure
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality Training
• Prior experience in production control or planning and/or material control environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
• Strong analytical and organizational skills