Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.Essential Responsibilities:
- Define detailed-level design for assigned application and product within specific product line
- Ensure application and product design(s) enables future consistent product development in line with strategic product and division wide integration plans
- Lead the NPI team technically to execute and deliver the backlog in an agile environment.
- Serve as technical Expert in relevant domain, owns design reviews.
- Mentor software engineers on technology and execution.
- Ensure code quality and maintain required metrics to track project execution.
- Provide technical leadership across projects.
- Log invention disclosures to protect intellectual property and create competitive advantage.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering)
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Software Development
- Experienced in Java Script e.g. Node.JS software programming and development experience
- Experienced HTML5 developer capable of delivering solid OO design using Test Driven Development
- PostGres Server DB with proven ability in database design & development, optimization, stored procedures, triggers, deployment, Windows
- Proven Web Developer with MVC/Frameworks and CSS experience
- Production of architectural and detailed designs
- Strong time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Work within an Agile development environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability