Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.Essential Responsibilities:
- Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
- Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
- Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
- Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
- Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Must have strong software knowledge 5+ years experience writing scripts in scripting languages:
- Java/avaScript using Selenium on Unix/Windows.
- Database/PostGres/Timeseries/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience of Windows/Unix/Linux.
- Experience of testing API, Web, client server and GUI applications.
- Familiar with methods and techniques of structured reviews.
- Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures.
- Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Experience working in Agile development environment.