Company: Baker Hughes
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Manage the buying process for a given set of Goods and Services for Indirect. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
• Manage multiple Indirect commodities (Engineering services, R&D, IT, MRO, Facilities, Utilities, T&L, Contract Labor, Logistics, Fixtures & Tooling's etc.) across a region, defines local strategy to align with global strategy
• Develop & execute global sourcing strategies at the local level that deliver a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives, supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization
• Partner with stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meets the business needs
• Single point of contact businesses & contracts finalization falling under that project.
• Negotiate, Finalize and placement of PO/contract, Selection and Evaluation of Vendor
• Working with Cross-functional teams - Legal, Finance, Facility, EHS & also the corporate team for processes and bring in quick closures, which are related to sourcing CTQ
• Collaborate with modalities, functions, EHS and Engineering in setting realistic and challenging operational goals, and lead to their accomplishment
• Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
• Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
• Works together with high level people from the business at SPB and EB level.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 10 years of experience). Minimum of 7 years of experience in Buying/Procurement.
Good knowledge in data analysis and must be proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint & SAP
• Willingness and ability to travel
• The candidate should have proven track record of developing and implementing Sourcing processes and procedures
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability