Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Manufacturing engineer has responsibilities of Instrumentation assembly line equipment and machinery installation, testing & qualification. Design and manufacture tools & fixture required for assembly & testing. Work with manufacturing, Quality & Engineering team to streamline the testing process and meeting product specification / requirements. Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical failure modes of testing equipment.
• Develop Manufacturing processes for Product flow, Assembly, Testing, Tools & fixture requirement.
• Install, Setup and Calibrate Instruments & Accessories namely Positioners, Transfer Valves, Volume Booster, Quick Exhaust Valve, Airset, Limit Switches.
• Preparation of Work Instruction for Assembly, Testing.
• Ability to interpret drawings, technical specification & other design details required for instrument assembly, Testing, disassembly.
• Tools & Fixture design using 3D modelling tool like Solid Works.
• Troubleshoot Valve Positioner Software and Hardware issues during calibration.
• Own and support product testing bench software / hardware
• Ability to link Valve Calibration failure mode to Valve Accessory mechanical linkages, root cause analysis & drive corrective actions.
• Ensure manufacturing processes are comply with Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Standard.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited college.
• 5 Years of significant work experience in Instrumentation & controls engineering domain and at least 2 years of instrument testing experience from a manufacturing industry.
• Knowledge on tools like Labview & C #
• Knowledge on Wiring harness, Connectors & Terminals, Relays, Analog & HART Communication, I/P Converter, Pneumatics.
• Good analytical skill and problem solving approach
• Ability to interpret drawings, technical specification
• Hands on experience with testing equipment, instrumentations.
• Prior mechanical / electrical systems design, operation and modeling experience is preferred
• Must be able to interact successfully with production technicians and work well within & between teams.
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycle times
• Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.