Responsible for testing feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management. This is considered an entry level position which requires large mentoring from manager and senior level team members. As test engineer, the role would require to understand the product, domain, come up with Acceptance tests for user stories, execute tests manually. Would be necessary to work with the dev team in an Agile environmentEssential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates awareness of the various testing types and methodologies.
- Understands that testing is part of development.
- Uses test driven development practices wherever possible.
- Uses code coverage tools to identify areas of code that are not tested.
- Learns new testing techniques and designs test cases to improve quality.
- Demonstrates awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Understands performance parameters and can assess application performance.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn fast and understand new technologies. Must be able to build software scripts to simulate/automate certain tasks.
- Work hand in hand with Software and Hardware engineers.
- Strong Electronic knowledge. Ability to operate Oscilloscope, Multi-Meter, or working with electronics cards.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Typically 0-2 years of experience in the industry
- Database/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience of Windows/Unix/Linux.
- Experience of testing client server and GUI applications.
- Familiar with methods and techniques of structured reviews.
- Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures.
- Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator and team player:
- Experience working in Agile development environment.
- Six - Sigma Green belt trained (GE Employees).
- Good knowledge of Mathematics will be highly desirable.