BHGE seeks a Senior Water Treatment Technical Specialist for their downstream chemicals business to Coordinate Downstream chemicals technical service support at the BHGE GEC center in Pune.
The role is to technically lead a team to deliver product recommendations and technical proposals across the downstream chemicals segments for water treatment. Liaise with technology hubs in UK and USA if laboratory or field support solutions are required for the region and leverage synergies.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate and present well individually and in team environment.
- Has a commercial understanding of the Asian Refining market.
- Recognized internally and externally as an expert in water treatment business.
- Solves unusual or complex problems requiring understanding of specialty with little assistance and has advanced analytical skills
- Handles projects of significant size and complexity incorporating product development, product application, and influence on related product lines.
- Developed knowledge of sciences
- Generally works with wide latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Jointly develops objectives with functional management & teams.
- Has significant impact on product line design, cost, and performance, and manufacturing methods/standardization, customer solutions, warranty cost minimization.
- Plans and directs projects by providing technical guidance to team members. Provides work direction and me
- B.E (or) B. Tech (or) Masters (Chemical) (or) Masters (Chemistry) from a recognized university with excellent academic record
- Knowledge of downstream chemicals product line products, applications and technologies
- Technical knowledge of chemical products used in the oil and gas industry
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers, understand requirements and lead solutions.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders including operations, sourcing, Product management and Project management organizations
- Experience of embracing and leading digital initiatives in the domain to leverage advancements in the field for customer experience improvement
- Experience of working in a matrix, multicultural environment
- Water & Chemical Product technology and chemistry
- Boiler, Steam & Condensate systems
- Cooling Tower treatment
- Wastewater Treatment applications
- Raw Water & Pre-treatment
- Legionella regulations
- Closed loop applications
- Communication Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to represent the product line both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously within strategic guidelines
- Project management and organisational skills
- Diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Skills in mentoring, coaching and developing others
- Presentation skills
- Team leadership skills
- Skills in the use of Microsoft office packages
- Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial
- Skilled in identifying process improvements
- Planning and organisational skills
- Delegation skills
- Problem solving skills