The BHGE Completions and Production group is currently seeking an experienced software Engineer, who can work in small groups of developers through complete software development cycle. Develop software to satisfy customer requirements. Regularly participate in design and code review for company proprietary software. May provide guidance to and assist in training less experienced developers. Assist in providing technical knowledge for complex product design. Handle special projects, as assigned.Essential Responsibilities
- Working experience as software developer in a commercial product development environment, in technical or scientific domains, performing all SDLC activities: refinement, design, coding, code reviews, refactoring, unit testing and integration testing.
- Participate in all stages of agile / scrum software development to develop and support advanced data acquisition systems for drilling and well logging, control and data analysis.
- Advance new ideas applying software architecture and design that can deliver software products to market in better, faster and smarter ways.
- Work directly with product owners to ensure the delivered product addresses market needs.
- Experience in creating production quality reusable components and libraries.
- Experience in user interface design and devel
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with significant experience in software development.
- At least 5 years of experience as C# software developer in a commercial product development environment, in technical or scientific domains, performing all SDLC activities: refinement, design, coding, code reviews, refactoring, unit testing and integration testing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is a big plus
- Experience with user control development toolkits such as Infragistics a plus
- Deep understanding of how to apply design patterns.
- Experience in using source control systems such as TFS, Subversion, and Git.
- Experience in using software build systems such as TFS, TeamCity. Familiar with WCF and/or ZeroMQ inter-process communication. Knowledge of Linux OS. Active participant in software development community with keen interest in the latest best software practices and trends.
- Experience working on a mixed discipline Agile / Scrum product de