As a BHGE Field Service Engineer - a Mechanical Field Service Engineer will be an expert in Rotating Equipment (Heavy Duty Gas Turbines, Aero Derivative Gas Turbines Centrifugal Compressor). He/ She will provide on-site leadership and technical support by interacting with engineering and management teams to ensure that site activities progress in safely manner according to BHGE technical & quality requirements aligning to agreed project schedule and costs.Essential Responsibilities:
The Mechanical Field Service Engineer will be responsible but not limited to:
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company Health Safety and environmental (HSE) guidelines and procedures
- Providing technical advice and support to clients and craft labour in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of BHGE equipment. This involves accessing BHGE e-Tools system to locate and source technical information including reports, drawings and Bills of Material, interpreting this information in line with BHGE requirements and advise the client. Interaction with the BHGE engineering team both locally and internationally is required.
- Assist Start-up Engineer during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and BHGE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
- Provide after-sales technical advice during equipment maintenance / outage activity.
- As a Mechanical FSE, should have good hands on experience in the installation and/or maintenance of Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and / or Aero Derivative Gas Turbines, and their auxiliary systems and able to perform the below activities (but not limited to ) autonomously at customer sites:
- Geometric dimensional check of foundation, equipment and auxiliary skids positioning, leveling and alignment.
- Installation, commissioning & Startup of the BHGE supplied equipment (Gas Turbines, Centrifugal Compressor, pumps) & auxiliary equipment (such as oil console, seal gas system, air console, interconnection piping, oil cooler, structures, ducts, anti-surge system, oil flushing and blowing, etc.).
- Should be able to perform Minor & Major Inspections of the BHGE supplied equipment.
- Should be in a position to perform below activities autonomously at customer sites.
1. Combustion Inspection
2. HGPI, LTPI
3. Major Inspection
4. L1, L2 and L3 inspections on ADGT Machines (Preferred)
- Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent business experience 5years/8+ years of related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance or installation field activities;
- Strong knowledge on rotating equipment, Installation, commissioning, startup and maintenance of Steam turbines and centrifugal compressors and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system, steam system et). Sound knowledge on Gas Turbines AND / OR Reciprocating Compressors would be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc.)
- Excellent English fluency both spoken and written
- Availability to frequent travel worldwide up to 70%-80% of the time on and off-shore
- Health Certificate required to comply to BHGE Fit for Duty policy and possess valid Offshore Certificates
- Having good attitude, able to build strong relationships with internal / external stakeholders.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills together with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be a good team player, demonstrate good networking skills.
- Demonstrate high standard ethical values