Offers the opportunity as an experienced Data Visualization Engineer to join the team in Bengaluru, India.Responsibilities:
- Lead and support efforts, as business needs evolve, to optimize the use of Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence (BI).
- Understand business models and work closely with various product owners and business function and departments to build out / support their needs.
- Build application when necessary or provide direction to offshore / consulting resources.
- Good knowledge of data warehousing principles, technologies, data modelling and star schema architecture.
- Facilitate the use and integrity of BI Facts and metrics required to operate the cross domain business model.
- Translate end-user requirements into solutions and responsible for defining data needs and providing actionable analytic capability when needed.
- Work with the Data Architect and platform team to set the vision for the Data & Analytics solution and build a roadmap to successfully implement.
- Collaborate with team members to identify needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with design team to analyse and clarify requirements for Business Intelligence projects.
- Assist business owners in prioritizing requirements and system enhancements.
- Ensure that deliverables are properly tested and meet requirements.
- Investigate defects and work with scrum and DevOps team to resolve as per priority assigned.
- Conduct gap analyses to determine areas for business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain project documentation for system development/enhancement.
- Maintain product consistency and respond to design issues throughout the product lifecycle.
- Successfully multi-task across a number of concurrent projects.
- Develop product roadmap based on future technology and business expectations and needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
- At least 4-7 years of technical hands-on product management and/or business analysis experience, preferably with Data and Analytics products and Data Warehouse projects.
- At least 2 years of experience with Greenpulm Database.
- At least 5 years of experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Good understanding of data architecture and models, Data & Analytics technology like ETLs, Data Lake, Data Warehouse.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in analysing complex systems; excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Experience working on Business Intelligence products and data warehousing projects
- Must have a desire to achieve excellent project outcomes, and exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Works independently with limited supervision, coordinating projects to closure.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies. (Waterfall, Iterative, AGILE)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visio and Word required.
- Demonstrates mastery of communication, software configuration management, functional testing and troubleshooting skills
- Possesses hands-on experience in Tableau.
- Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to BHGE
- Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly
- Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems