The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges and makes Oil & Gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging Data and Analytics. The Data Engineers work with the D&A product teams to create state-of-the-art solutions, working across BHGE to drive business analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.Responsibilities:
- Understand requirements through discussions with business stakeholders and users across the globe, and translate them into data requirements
- Perform source data mapping and modelling aligned with the D&A product strategy
- Perform integration of multiple data source-formats into master dataload for on-premise or cloud platforms
- Perform a variety of data transformations to support BI and analytics initiatives
- Develop dashboards on Tableau
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM)
- A minimum of 4 years of Database/Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, Hive etc.) experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years of Tableau visualization development experience is required
- Experience on new D&A application development and existing application optimization is required (data source identification, mapping, ingestion, modelling and transformation for analytical consumption purposes)
- Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) experience
- Exposure to AWS native database technologies and Graph databases
- Exposure to Qlik, Sisense and other visualization technologies
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
- Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Distills information down to key points.
- Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
- Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
- Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas
- Deep passion for learning