- The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
- Understand business models and work closely with various product owners and business function and departments to build out / support their needs.
- Build application when necessary or provide direction to offshore / consulting resources.
- Good knowledge of data warehousing principles, technologies, data modeling and star schema architecture.
- Translate end-user requirements into solutions and responsible for defining data needs and providing actionable analytic capability when needed.
- Work with the Data Architect and platform team to set the vision for the Data & Analytics solution and build a roadmap to successfully implement.
- Collaborate with team members to identify needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that deliverables are properly tested and meet requirements.
- Investigate defects and work with scrum and DevOps team to resolve as per priority assigned.
- Conduct gap analyses to determine areas for business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain project documentation for system development/enhancement.
- Maintain product consistency and respond to design issues throughout the product lifecycle.
- Successfully multi-task across a number of concurrent projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
- At least 4-7 years of technical hands-on product management and/or business analysis experience, preferably with Data and Analytics products and Data Warehouse projects.
- Atleast 2 years of experience with Greenpulm Database.
- Atleast 5 years of experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Good understanding of data architecture and models, Data & Analytics technology like ETLs, Data Lake, Data Warehouse. (HVR, Talend, Informatica or other ETL tools)
- Strong analytical skills with experience in analyzing complex systems; excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Experience working on Business Intelligence products and data warehousing projects
- Must have a desire to achieve excellent project outcomes, and exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Works independently with limited supervision, coordinating projects to closure.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies. (Waterfall, Iterative, AGILE)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Visio and Word required.
- Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) experience
- Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
- Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Distills information down to key points.
- Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
- Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
- Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas.
- Deep passion for learning.