Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY. Telecommunications Operations.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Telecom Operations)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Telecom services systems engineer primary role to designs, develops, and implements state-of-the-art telecommunications technology architectures and solutions for optimal availability, resiliency, and scalability of telecommunication infrastructure to integrate and deliver telecommunication applications and services across the corporation. The incumbent logistically and technically coordinates and works with ICT divisions/units, corporate project managers, and external entities to deliver services and meet projected milestones in addition to an integral role in operation, management and support of related systems
A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or an equivalent Engineering field.
Experience & Skills
• Expert level of technical hands-on experience in implementation and operation of systems related to following technologies: SDH/PDH, DWDM, Microwave, Fibre Optics cables monitoring, CCTV, PAGA, ACS, Radios and NMS (Network Management System).
• 7 to 10+ years of progressive combined technical experience in Telecommunication Systems, related standards, and protocols with a minimum of 4 years professional hands-on experience in design, operation and support of complex telecommunication systems preferably related to the Oil and Gas industry and standards.
• Technical knowledge in IP Telephony services, TCP/IP suite, SCADA and industrial telecommunications systems.
• Strong Project management skills and ability to plan, execute, track and report progress for multiple projects.
• Analytical and methodical thought process skills for analyzing complex technical issues, making sound engineering decisions and executing effective actions.
• Experience with telecommunication infrastructure hardware installation, configuration, knowledge of IP convergence systems and services, service provider telecommunication systems, Microwave implementation and services, emerging infrastructure services, and general industrial-grade telecommunication technologies and systems.
• Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to write technical blueprints, high and low level design documents, standards, processes, procedures, manuals, feasibility studies, and tendering proposals.
• Excellent computer office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Visio) skills.
• Ability to supervise and work closely and effectively with other engineers and focal points from various departments across organization.
• Maintain development and preservation of telecommunication services for integration onto a homogenous distributed common corporate telecommunication infrastructure serving both business and industrial-grade environments.
• Support optimization and efficient use of resources across the Department to improve delivery of telecommunication services.
• Ability to stay focused and promoting section goals and vision in handling and across multiple diverse and conflicting projects with telecommunication services requirements.
• Ability to collect, analyze and report relevant detailed telecommunication equipment technical logs, and data in reference to reported incidents.
• Provide technical conclusions, and suitable recommendations towards resolution of reported incidents based on analyzed technical data in a timely manner.
• Apply assigned technical recommendations and procedures as preventive or corrective measures related to sustained fault-free operation and update of telecommunication systems.
• Regular contact with various QP Departments and technical staff to ensure compliance and alignment of assigned tasks and projects with defined deliverables under overall division objectives.
• Daily interface and contact with team members for execution of assigned tasks and responsibilities, discussing projects updates, highlighting emerging issues and identifying action items.
• Intermittent contact with QP subsidiaries, affiliates technical focal point and project managers to execute QP services or resolve any issues related to provisioned solutions.
• Intermittent contact with internal and external auditors at request of supervisor to ensure transparency and enforce compliance with corporate policies and international standards.
• Provides required support and coordination to QP subsidiaries and Joint Venture companies, Government Organizations, Telecom Service operators, third parties, etc. on all matters related to telecommunications services.
• Regular contact with Materials Department staff to follow up procurement orders.
• Practices and updates department procedures to enhance and implement the ISO procedures.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa