Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
· Designs and programs a small module or a large component, feature, set of feature, whole feature area or entire product. Some areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, databases or applications.
· May be responsible for the creation of an entire product.
· Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
· Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
· Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
· Delivers products as part of a team.
· Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering).
· Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Software Development.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
· Effective problem identification and solution skills.
· Proven analytical and organizational ability.
· Strong hands-on design, coding and debugging skills and close familiarity with DevOps techniques, performance testing and management, and data storage and processing
· Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
· Experience on connecting devices to cloud
· Exposure to AWS/GCP/Azure IOT
· NodeJS, Python, Java programming languages as well as Shell scripting
· Relational Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational database (any of Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase) experience
· Experience using and designing APIs using REST, XML, and JSON
· Exposure to Software and Tools: Cygwin, Linux Shell Scripting, IXIA, Iperf, Wire shark, XMLSpy, SQL