Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures, algorithms, and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and non-functional requirements and their priority within
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Strong hands-on design, coding and debugging skills and close familiarity with DevOps techniques, performance testing and management, and data storage and processing
• Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
• Experience on connecting devices to cloud
• Exposure to GCP/AWS/Azure
• NodeJS, Python, Java programming languages as well as Shell scripting
• Relational Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational database (any of Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase) experience
• Experience using and designing APIs using REST, XML, and JSON
• Exposure to Software and Tools: Cygwin, Linux Shell Scripting, IXIA, Iperf, Wire shark, XMLSpy, SQL Server, XML
• Network protocol understanding (Layer 3-4: IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP, Layer 7: HTTP, DNS)
• Familiarity with Industrial protocols like Modbus, EGD, OPC and other IOT protocols etc.
• Familiarity with Linux