Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Engineer reports to the Project Engineering Manager and is responsible for the successful (safe, on time, with high quality and on budget) execution of Engineering deliverables in respect of Client and Product/Process Development Projects. The Project Engineer will also support the execution of more complex projects as necessary and should meet all required criteria including the following :-
- * Individual contributor who works under limited supervision.
- * Under minimal supervision, applies broad knowledge of the project engineering professional discipline.
- * Considered an experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area.
- * Can provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope/complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and understand the Client requirements and the Engineering scope in a given project.
- Translate the project requirements into an Engineering execution plan.
- Lead the execution of product design, analysis and design validation tests, including reports, calculations, drawings procedures etc.
- Interface with Clients as necessary to resolve interface issues and justify Oceaneering's technical solutions.
- Support other un-planned activities, as necessary.
- Interface and support other functions to enable a successful (safe, on time, with high quality and on budget) project execution.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of Oceaneering's products and/or processes.
- Support the execution of Product and/or Process Improvement Projects, as necessary.
- Support/Mentor/Coach team members as necessary and appropriate.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions.
- Effectively use all systems related platforms to manage the fundamentals of the role.
- Provide meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Support the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations and attending HSE related meetings
- Consistently display required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Carry out any other duties/tasks/requests in accordance with our business needs.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, so far as is reasonably practicable, in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Projects Engineering Manager or Engineering Manager
- An undergraduate college or university degree in an Engineering discipline is required. A strong candidate with a non-degree qualification may be considered for this position, provided they can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a Projects execution environment.
- Experience working in the Oil & Gas or related industry is desirable. Subsea or Offshore Engineering experience is highly desirable.
- Lean / Six-Sigma experience will be a considerable advantage - ability to demonstrate application of improvement techniques and successful results will be required. Design for Six-Sigma (DfSS) will also be considered.
- Previous experience in a cables, umbilicals or flexible risers manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Competencies
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Can identify and anticipate risks.
- Can identify critical tasks and prioritize.
- Can manage the demand of multiple (internal/external) Clients.
- Empowers his/her team and delegates as appropriate.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within his/her area of responsibility.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Identified when it is necessary to change/adjust a plan.
- Manages risk mitigation activities to minimize the probability of occurrence or impact.
- Promotes a knowledge sharing culture
- Promotes a safety culture.
This position is considered office work with some Production area requirements as/when required. This is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.