Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Hub Logistics Specialist is responsible for coordinating GOLD shipments to field destinations, providing solutions that fit the destination's requirements, and controlling costs while ensuring that all shipments are exported in compliance with Hub customs requirements as well as destination requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage Logistics operations to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of shipments and to build long-term relationships with Product Lines, focusing on consolidation and cargo optimization.
- Manage exceptional processes and ensure compliance.
- Track cargo movements in the assigned region from booking to final delivery, with special attention to dangerous goods.
- Report and investigate process deviations to ensure continuous improvement on service quality.
- Provide daily operational support to Product Lines and Procurement Specialists regarding expected shipment and arrival dates by monitoring shipments.
- Assess carrier performance with respect to on-time delivery and on-time pickup.
- Search opportunities for continuous improvement in transportation processes.
- Ensure internal alignment and common objectives to support internal customers.
- Comply with applicable company policies including but not limited to finance, personnel, and QHSE.
- Monitor logistics provider's delivery of service daily and report service quality deviations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience as a Logistics Specialist.
- Ability to think strategically, analyse large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills.
- Understanding of general logistics processes / international logistics rules and regulations.
- Proficiency / working knowledge of SAP preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work independently and as a team.
- Work under pressure
- Maintain good working environment.
- Commitment to service quality and process improvement
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.