Identify, develop, evaluate, introduce & support engineering projects, rejection reports & improvements to meet near term & long-range quality requirements for engineering/manufacturing. Lead & provide Technical direction to several projects. Remain current & be a leader in technical specialty in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product re-engineering, quality, performance, cost improvements & problems resolution. Support int & ext customers/suppliers as required.Essential Responsibilities:
Provide mechanical design support and expertise to Zenith Group in Scotland under the guidance and instruction of the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Support the continuous improvement of the mechanical aspects of existing completion equipment and downhole telemetry systems by;
• Mechanical design for castings and machined parts with dimensional and geometric tolerances.
• Deep knowledge in piping design, API and Premium threaded connections.
• Hand calculations for lifting tools and pressure vessels.
• Understanding of pressure valves and internal dynamic components.
• CAD knowledge for 3D designs proposals and familiarized with mechanical interferences control.
• Sealing concepts, flange to flange, elastomers and threaded unions.
• Simple change and effect, attention to details, fit-form and functionality concepts.
• Working with engineering and operational colleagues to assess potential improvements driven by client feedback and feedback from the field
• Production of conceptual deQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical degree with equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years' experience working in a similar role (Experience including the design of oilfield (preferably downhole) equipment is a plus).
- Good understanding of mechanical / structural analytical and numerical design techniques Good understanding of basic fluid mechanics and pipeline hydraulics Conversant with Solidworks modelling software English Level for fluent Communication (must).
- Knowledge of O&G industry corrosion resistance materials and coatings is desirable.
- Self-driven with a positive attitude to new challenges.
- Comfortable working alone and within teams Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- English Level for fluent communication. Experience in the design of: Permanent downhole production equipment, downhole valves, wireline / slickline deployed tools, artificial lift equipment Awareness of relevant codes / standards, for example: API 5CT, API 5C3, API 5B, API 11B, NACE MR0175 / 0176, ASME Y14.5, ASME VIII, ASME BTH1 etc.