Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop detailed design drawings and related specifications of mechanical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and welded components and the related assemblies.
- Uses computer aided design/drafting software to design and develop 3D models of parts and assemblies.
- Modifies machine design to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- May direct work of designers and drafters.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Enovia/PLM, AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Minimum Five (5) years related experience.
- Advanced education in drafting/design.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5.
- CSWP - Certified Solidworks Professional.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.