Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Field Operator (Artificial Lift) to be based in Rangely, CO. Essential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision is responsible for all aspects of cable services including spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on ESP systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing is being pulled out of the well.
- Bands cable onto tubing as the down unit and tubing are being run into the well.
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Assists with cable repair as needed at the cable repair service center.
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records.
- Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork.
- Completes daily time sheet and monthly expense report.
- Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well.
- Collects information during testing and inspection to provide a customer with recommendations on equipment or cable status.
- Ability to alternate methods of completing tasks if the set method is not viable and stay within HS&E guidelines.
- Must have ability to communicate with various clients and must have an ability to quickly adjust to changing job assignments/requirements and have the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Will be required to handle special projects
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Class A CDL license
- Previous experience as a field operator or oil and gas field experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work overtime and complete jobs as required.
- Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees.
- Ability to utilized computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes.
- Class A CDL license (highly preferred).
- Previous Military experience.
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic are preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to pass a Federal background check.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Must be safety and environmentally minded.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more