- Ensure the continued timeliness and accuracy of daily reporting and analysis (profit & loss, exposure, VaR) that has been migrated to a dedicated Market Risk team in Finance Operations. Act as liaison for offshore colleagues, ensuring effective communication and knowledge sharing.
- Streamline remaining onshore processes and periodically review for offshoring suitability
- Develop in-depth knowledge for relevant line of business
- Focal point for Trader and equivalent stakeholders for relevant line of business
- Provide ad hoc analysis for queries relating to new deals, P&L, positions & VaR.
- Develop suitable exposure measurement and reporting methodologies for new product and structured contract offerings.
- Liaise with other Risk Analysts globally to ensure consistency of approach, particularly across similar trading books.
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure the continuous improvement of controls and processes and in support of new business.
- Support Internal/External Audit requirements
- Support short or long term Business or Market Risk projects as required.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements
- Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, business/commerce or a related field
- Relevant Energy industry experience preferred, with background in derivatives trading or physical crude/products/gas/power/carbon
- Understanding of energy & derivative markets and market Risk Management fundamentals
- Knowledge of VaR measures
- Understanding of Fair Value and Derivative recognition concepts
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform under rigid deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Experience using Risk Management systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships
- Self-motivated individual who functions well in a team environment
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.