Baker Hughes has an opening for a CNC Machinist - 3rd Shift to support Artificial Lift Services in Claremore, OK.
#ZR Essential Responsibilities:
- Machinist will be responsible for set-up and operations of special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill) and numeric control machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within Baker Hughes, a GE Company.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to direct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Responsible for the selection, alignment, and securing of holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers.
- Must demonstrate a basic intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD's and qualify ID and OD) on manual lathe.
- 3rd Shift work schedule: 10pm - 6am. Must be available to train on 1stshift.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in CNC machining or combination of experience and training.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read calipers, mics and gauges.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as, speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut or enter commands to retrieve input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Experience with operating CNC machines
- Strong troubleshooting skills.