At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Connection Manufacturing Engineer shall work with follow up during manufacturing and assembly of Connection systems in-house at BHGE sites and at our suppliers. Additional task can be to follow up at sites for integration of Connection system onto host structures such as Subsea XTs, Manifolds and PLETs.Essential Responsibilities:
The Connection Manufacturing Engineer will be the first point of Contact for our respective assembly site and liaise with the Connection Technical CoE and respective Connection Project Engineering manager for questions and deviation request during manufacturing and assembly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Disposition deviation requests
- Write/review project, manufacturing and test procedures
- Represent Connection Engineering towards Manufacturing & Assembly sites/suppliers
- Respond to questions and deviation request from Suppliers (Internal & External)
- Work with development activities such as CAD modelling and creating documents required to deliver Connection Systems on project and programs
- Work cross functionally with other departments and functions
- Participate/Lead/Present in design reviews when and as relevant
- Create, review or release drawings relevant for Connection systems.
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical or Marine engineering
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Subsea engineering experience
- Experience in design of Connection System areas such as PCE, Structures, tooling or preferably several of them
- English fluent verbal and written
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- EU Work Permit
- Must be flexible to travel between Massa and Florence (would be based in Massa 70-80% and 20-30% in Florence)
- Experience in follow up of delivery of Connection System
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar with Creo/iPEM/TeamCenter.
- PC proficiency.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven capability to plan own work and take ownership to plan.
- Structured and proven to deliver good documentation and overviews.
- Team player
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more