At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Reporting to the Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) Engineering Leader, this role will be the technical authority for all Pipeline In-Line Inspection (ILI) related mechanical and electronics engineering activities. This role has a flexible location and can be based in Stutensee (Germany), Calgary (Canada) or Cramlington (UK) Essential Responsibilities:
- To fulfil the role of design chair on design reviews, specifically to be the technical authority approving or rejecting design reviews as well as guiding the project team on technical issues and technical risk mitigation
- To review and approve engineering work outside of design reviews as required by policy and procedure
- To define, author and/or review policy, procedure and, specifically, design standards (practices) and related processes
- To benchmark the technology domain & champion advancements in state of the art technology. To contribute to the technology roadmaps.
- To advise the engineering team and broader business on engineering matters
- To assign authority to perform reviews and approval of engineering work
- To develop the engineering knowledge of the team by advising on training and other learning needs and opportunities as well as by directly mentoring individuals
- To engage with and represent PPS with 3rd parties including industry bodies & clients
- Author and reviews technical publications
- Contributor to the management of intellectual property
- Degree qualified, in a relevant technical discipline (mechanical and/or electronics engineering or related discipline)
- Deep domain knowledge & extensive product development experience in ILI technology (MFL &/or Ultrasonics/EMAT) in mechanical and/or electronics engineering. A minimum of moderate domain knowledge in the other of mechanical or electronics engineering.
- Working knowledge of other ILI domains including inspection/sensing technology (physics), data science and software
- A track record of a leading role in the development of successful new product developments.
- A track record of producing high quality documentation such as policies, procedures and/or designs standards
- A track record in developing technical talent with skills in mentoring & imparting knowledge to others
- Excellent organisational skills, project management experience is preferred
- Track record in interacting & networking effectively with multiple stakeholders internally and externally to the organisation
- Excellent communication & presentation skills. A track record of publication and presentations is preferable
- Stutensee (Baden-Wuerttemberg) Germany
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more