Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83141
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic Human Resources Admin to join our Employee Services team. This position requires a well-rounded, detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills. We're looking for someone with 1+ years of HR experience, with organizational and time-management skills, who has the ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, Shared Service / Center of Excellence office environment.
As an HR Admin, you will be responsible for providing high-level support to Kiewit employees regarding benefits, new hire administration, onboarding, and HR policies and procedures. You will serve as the first point of contact for employee assistance through our AskHR support portal, responding to employee questions and requests via telephone, chat, email, and drop-in face-to-face interactions. You will obtain and provide requested information and take appropriate action to resolve, refer, or escalate issues in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures, working closely with our field HR teams and employees.
This position is based out of our Houston, TX office at 585 N Dairy Ashford Street.
• Provide administrative support to Employee Services in a fast-paced, high-volume, professional environment
• Professionally and accurately respond to written and oral inquiries from employees and managers regarding HR questions, issues, problems. This will include telephone, chat, e-mail and drop-in face-to-face interactions
• Assist with employee updates, data entry of employee records, and new hire administration
• Schedule and conduct new hire orientation (in person and remote sessions)
• Quickly and accurately resolve cases in a professional, sensitive, customer-focused manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Support the team in the administration of assigned transactional work
• Escalate complex cases to achieve resolution
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Perform other duties as requested
• 1+ years of experience working in human resources
• Bilingual in both English and Spanish, with the ability to read, speak and write in both languages
• Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, Shared Service / Center of Excellence office environment
• Detail-oriented and a quick learner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and individuals
• Strong customer service orientation, with focus on continuous improvement
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple tasks
• Strong administrative skills and task orientation, with strong sense of urgency
• Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with ability to solve problems independently
• Experience with an HRIS system preferred
Other common names for this role: Human Resources Coordinator, HR Coordinator, HR Specialist, Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources Assistant, HR Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, HR Administrator
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: HR, Operations Manager, Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources, Operations, Engineering, Administrative