Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
As the member of the Controls Project Engineering Team, primary responsibilities are to design generator excitation and protection systems for gas- and steam turbine driven generators in the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries, to design field instrumentation (field wiring) and to ensure compliance to customer requirements and technical regulations & standards (TRS). Essential Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements control systems for excitation, static starter (LCI - Load Commutated Inverter), and generator protection and control (GPP/GCP) products using applied and best engineering practices.
- Supports EDP (Engineering Design Package) activities for other product lines, also
- Follows M&C project execution processes, attends project meetings and follows-up project milestones regularly to fulfill contractual commitments, delivery dates
- Develops functional specifications for custom applications/configurations, assists in writing procedures for test and operation of supplied systems.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- This position requires knowledge of electrical control systems for gas turbine generators
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEEE, ANSI, NEC, IEC, NFPA
- Computer skills in Windows based operating systems and applications including GE process control system applications using standard programming languages like function block diagram, sequential function chart, ladder diagram, VisualBasic etc
- Troubleshooting skills including hardware, software, and networking.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent background
- Relevant experience in electrical control systems for gas turbine generators
- Strong technological background in power industries, applications
- Project management and customer communication skills.
- Good training and mentoring skills for other team members
- Knowledge and experience with ePlan
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more