Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The candidate will be responsible of Control Panels hardware detailed design for Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors and process Plant for the Oil&Gas industry. He/She will be responsible for engineering activities relevant to hardware detail design either for Customer projects or standardization tasks and validation of the relevant solution. He/She will interact with a team of multiple disciplines engineers (control system, software, configuration & test, electrical, instrumentation).
The Control Systems Lead Design Engineer main task will be:
• Develop Control Panels hardware detailed design according to Customer technical specifications, internal design practices and applicable safety standards; issuing of project technical documentation (e.g. 3D UCS Construction Dwg by ProPanel, Wiring Diagram by ePlan, etc.) and Bill of Material specifications for both Standard Products and Customer projects;
• Managing and coordinating development activities from the conceptual design up to product/solution validation and release.
• Provides technical support to supply chain on ordering of BOMs and assembly, preFATs and FATs.
• Attend technical meetings with Project Team, Customers and Supplier;
• Support new product introduction in the market;
• Implement activities from the conceptual design up to product/solution validation and release;
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments;
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational
• Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Telecomm or Computer Science Engineering
• Experience in control system Hardware/software design in the Oil & Gas or Industrial Automation area for new installation and service.
• Experience on design with ePlan and ProPanel (wiring diagram, 3D construction drawing, etc.), design for manufacturing and testing experience. Working knowledge of industry codes and standards.
• Computer proficiency (MS Office tools, Control SW development tools and Enterprise Systems);
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work in multi-cultural team within a matrix organization and ability to influence and motivate others;
• Organization, planning and leadership skills. Capability of project outsourcing management and supplier management;
• Extremely motivated and determined; Ability and willingness to travel when required.
• Fluency in English and in Hungarian is required. EU Work Permit
• Hardware and software design, development and implementation experience.
• PLC hardware selection and software knowledge. Experience of Bently Nevada hardware and software products. Technical exposure with Fire-Fighting and Gas Detection Systems.
• Control System commissioning and start-up practice;
• Troubleshooting skills including hardware, software and networking.
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment. Must work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Displays good interpersonal skills, is accessible and approachable, and a proven team builder.
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems;
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Solid interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
• Green Belt qualification (GE employees only).
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more