The Integrated Controls Lead will be responsible for providing technical expertise, leadership and governance to a range of activities related to the BHGE Control System install base for a designated customer within the Aftermarket Project Team.
The position is based at Baker Hughes, Jandakot facility in Western Australia.Essential Responsibilities
- The role will be the technical focal point to the client and assist with the management and maintenance of the client owned, BHGE Installed and commissioned equipment in region. The engineer shall leverage in-depth knowledge of the field and delivered product, familiarity with product teams and domain experts within the COE and client operational requirements to assist with detailed aftermarket planning to ensure that best use of resource and time is made to achieve agreed KPIs.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Ensure that equipment is designed and maintained in accordance with current HSES legislation, industry standards and design codes.
- Proactively participate in HSES standards including Concern Reports, STOP, job safety assessments (JSA) and risk assessments.
- Regional BHGE technical focal point for all client Controls operational needs. This includes all aftermarket initiatives related to offshore support, Condition Monitoring, future commissioning, obsolescence planning and cybersecurity.
- Develop and manage assigned project scopes with client and execute said scopes with both local and remote teams
- Develop and review technical specifications and documentation including engineering specifications, drawings, calculation packs, bill of materials, guidelines and repair/modification procedures related to the design of new and refurbishment/condition assessment of existing equipment.
- Drive company quality processes across both scopes of work coming into (and being executed in) region. Participate in design reviews and consult with other departments on designs, queries, interfaces and field related applications.
- Review supplier documentation ensuring compliance with client technical specifications and regional Technical Regulations and Standards for Australia.
- Disposition, review and approve service notifications and produce technical reports.
- Provide technical engineering support during business and non-business hours, including rota based 24-7 engineering on-call.
- Support client initiatives to ensure integrity and availability of delivered Subsea Control System Equipment
- Support expansion integration into commissioned and operational systems
- Degree in Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, or Industrial Computer Systems Engineering or related discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience.
- 10 years of engineering experience within the subsea industry (preferred) or related service organization.
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Australian Standards.
- Service and product lifecycle mindset.
- Good understanding of risk analysis and hazard mitigation.
- Proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good analytical skills combined with proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cooperate and network in multi-disciplinary, multi-location engineering teams.
- Hydraulic Control Experience
- Experience in mentorship
- Ability to explain technical detail to less experienced colleagues
- Open to sharing technical knowledge with less experienced colleagues