The Controls Engineer will be responsible for providing technical input and governance to a range of activities related to the Baker Hughes Subsea Control System install base for a designated customer within the Aftermarket Project Team.
The position is based at Baker Hughes, Jandakot facility in Western Australia.Essential Responsibilities
- The role shall support the project technical lead for client and assist with the management and maintenance of the client owned, Baker Hughes Installed and commissioned equipment in region. The engineer shall leverage knowledge of the field and delivered control systems products to ensure that best use of resource and time is made to achieve agreed KPIs.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Ensure that equipment is designed and maintained in accordance with current HSES legislation, industry standards and design codes.
- Proactively participate in HSES standards including Concern Reports, STOP, job safety assessments (JSA) and risk assessments.
- Provide input and technical assistance on all aftermarket initiatives related to offshore support, Condition Monitoring, future commissioning, obsolescence planning and Cybersecurity. This may include brief periods offshore or on site work
- Develop and manage assigned project scopes with client and execute said scopes with both local and remote teams
- Create and review technical specifications and documentation including engineering specifications, drawings, calculation packs, bill of materials, guidelines and repair/modification procedures related to the design of new and refurbishment/condition assessment of existing equipment.
- Drive company quality processes across both scopes of work coming into (and being executed in) region. Participate in design reviews and consult with other departments on designs, queries, interfaces and field related applications.
- Review supplier documentation ensuring compliance with client technical specifications and regional Technical Regulations and Standards for Australia.
- Disposition, review and approve service notifications and produce technical reports.
- Provide technical engineering support during business, non-business hours and may include roster based 24-7 engineering on-call.
- Support client initiatives to ensure integrity and availability of delivered Subsea Control System Equipment
- Support expansion integration into commissioned and operational systems
- Support the Topside Control System software change process including scope definition, development, Factory Acceptance Testing and target implementation (whilst complying to internal and external MoC requirements)
- Assist with RCAs including identification and implementation of remedial actions
- Accountable to Engineering leadership and Technical leads to produce deliverables to an agreed scope, on time and within agreed budget.
- Help execute the Controls Aftermarket Activities such as upgrade scopes, intervention activities and troubleshooting of delivered systems within an operational context.
- Manage multiple work scopes in parallel and maintain budgets and on time delivery
- Manage changes in scope as soon as they arise and developing action plans to address
- Degree in Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering, or Industrial Computer Systems Engineering, Software development or related discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience.
- 3+ years of engineering experience preferably within the subsea industry or broader resource industry.
- Good awareness of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment
• Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Australian Standards.
- Domain expertise in BHGE subsea control systems and products including but not limited to PLC based systems and PCDMs, SCMs, HPUs, XTs, umbilical's, and distribution units.
- Experience in full system commissioning activities from Control System eFAT, Onshore Pre-commissioning activities and offshore commissioning.
- Working knowledge and previous involvement HAZOP / CHAZOP / HAZIDs and risk and reliability assessments
• Must be able to be HUET / BOSIET trained and flexible to travel to remote locations for periods of time in field environment (5-28 days) as required
- Project management processes (budget, schedules, reporting)
- Proficient knowledge of computer software, such as MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial instrumentation and communication systems Experience in the design, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting of complex industrial control systems (SCADA/DCS) including a working knowledge of structure text-based languages and ladder logic.
- Prior Oil and Gas industry knowledge preferred but not essential
- Service and lifecycle mindset.
- Good awareness of risk analysis and hazard mitigation tools.
- Proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good analytical skills combined with proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cooperate and network in multi-disciplinary, multi-location engineering teams.