At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary/Purpose:
The Lead Design Engineer for Subsea Manifolds is responsible for structure and piping design, as well as the related documentation issuing. The applications portfolio includes subsea products like: Subsea Distribution Units (SDU), Umbilical Termination Assemblys (UTA), Hydraulic Stabplates and Hydraulic Flying Leads (HFL). Essential Responsibilities:
- Be able to perform conceptual and detailed design of steel structures containing piping for subsea products (SDU, UTA, HFL, HSB), fulfilling Customer Specs, International Codes and Third Parties' Requirements and in strict coordination with other disciplines such as valves, piping, structure and materials
- Prepare the Bill of Material and the Material Take-Off for the packages as well as the relevant drawings (Customer and Internal), taking care of vendor's and site's activities follow-up
- Use GE quality tools to measure their performances in terms of timeliness (OTD) and quality (FTY) of the deliverables
- Be involved in supporting the growth of the business by cooperating to the preparation of technical proposals and/or Design Templates/Practices
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Strong experience in mechanical design (preferably subsea)
- Good knowledge of 3D CAD systems such as Pro-Engineer/Creo with PDM Link (preferred) or similar and special modules for piping design (Pro-Piping preferred) and steel frame design (EFX preferred), and to interface/exchange models with calculation SW
- Knowledge of major technical International Standards related to the discipline (ISO2768)
- In-depth knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes & capabilities as well as assembly processes
- Preferably good knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies
- Cross-functional team-working skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond to urgent executive requests in a timely manner
- Excellent English and Italian language fluency
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Permanent EU working permit
- Advanced technical degree (Master) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of major technical International Standards related to corresponding disciplines (Eurocodes, DNV, ANSI B31.3, B31.8, API, ASME, ISO14723/ISO14313/API6DSS, API6A, ISO13628-1)
- Familiarity with major naval registers' regulations and subsea standards (DNV, LLRR, ABS, etc) for fixed and mobile offshore installations
- Global working experience with strong external focus (Customers and/or Suppliers)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more