Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is seeking support for our client, a Major North Sea Oil and Gas Operator, has a requirement for a Principal Instrument Engineer on a contract basis reporting to the Instrumentation & Control Technical Authority. The ideal candidate shall be a highly motivated engineer with experience in project and operational support roles. This role is initially for a 10-month period but may be further extended.
Principal Accountabilities: -
- Ensuring that standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to the Instrumentation and Control discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance
- Effective prioritisation of ops support/own projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Provide specialist support and advice to other departments within the organisation; including, Operations, HES, Decommissioning, IT, F&A, Commercial, and Drilling.
- General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
- Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
- Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation
- Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
- Develop instrument databases
- Participate in design reviews including HAZOP SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
- Manage the preparation of design deliverables
- Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines; process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
- Interface with clients' engineering representatives
- Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive Oil and Gas industry experience
- Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
- Detailed knowledge and experience with design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G, and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments
- Experience in provision of engineering support to offshore operations
- Experience in planning and delivery of technical projects
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Self-starter who drives for results
- Fully conversant with relevant industry legislative requirements, standards, and guidance
- TUV Certified (Preferred)
- Chartered Engineer Status, or working toward this