Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Inspect RT vehicles in fuels fleet for ensuring GVS and local regal compliance on an ongoing basis
- Maintain vehicle and driver database in Waylink or other equivalent system for ensuring compliance and zero overdues
- Prepare annual haulier site visit program and conduct regular upcountry site visits.
- Inspect contractors' facilities (Working environment, IVMS data's, taco graphs, maintenance records, maintenance costs, driver health check-up log, driver working, driving and resting hours etc.) as per site visit program and report to RT compliance manager regularly.
- Facilitate driver refreshment training
- Perform safety walk and spot checks
- Attend driver toolbox meetings
- Share learnings with hauliers from high potential incidents from global leaflets.
- Ensure hauliers conduct driver refreshing trainings (Fatigue, defensive driving, firefighting, antiskid, rollover, health checks)
- In each site visit accident and high potential accident incidents will be analysed
- Attend RT Pillar Audits, ensure findings are shared with hauliers and actions implemented.
- Meetings and social activities will be organised to improve motivation i.e. social events and activities with hauliers and drivers
- Ensure driver performance is monitored via IVMS and consequence management is applied
- Periodic review of Route Hazard Maps, Authorized Halt Points to ensure compliance to requirements and standards
- Support completion of RT related actions for opening new retail outlets
- Review and approve toll charges and other sundry expenses for hauliers and 3rd parties from time to time
- Achieve VMA targets in full by being actively visible in the field
- Act as Site Incident coordinator for effective emergency response
- Act as MOC originator
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
- Education: Master / Bachelor or equivalent degree in logistics / economics / business administration
- Min 3 years working experience, preferably in road transport operations / economics / contracting
- Prefer sound knowledge of Shell HSSE standards and local legislation applicable for logistics in India
- Preferably experience of running operations, and interface of terminal or supply operations
- Very good communication skills
- Sound contract management skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video