At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary
Role will be the go-to-person for end user IT needs. Communication / coordination will be required between global teams and local teams, including with people in IT and in other functions. Scope will primarily be Kariwa plant, but also include all FPT employees across Japan. Both the legacy environment and Baker Hughes environment are included.Essential Responsibilities
Responsible for all aspects of end user support, including but not limited to setup/troubleshooting of PCs, printers, barcode readers, etc. Also will act as SPOC for coordination/support of infra (network/server) related activities at Kariwa plant. Application wise, will be responsible for setup/troubleshooting in regards to installation of applications. Will manage contractor in charge of PC setup and L2 troubleshooting. If appropriate skills/capability/experience are displayed, there is an opportunity to step to Service Delivery leader for all of Japan.Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in IT, especially in end user support
- Fluent in Japanese and English (both written and oral)
- Exposure to Industrial segments
- Experience working with global teams
- Flexibility to travel when required (few days to Tokyo)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in IT
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Awareness of ITIL or similar IT processes
- Excellent team player, ability to work effectively with virtual and global cross functional teams
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills