At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary
The Services Business Development Lead will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the Services organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. The role will be based in PerthEssential Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for Services sales within the APAC region through the formulation and execution of pursuit strategies that capitalize on BHGE's competitive strengths to serve the customers' needs resulting in execution of definitive sales agreements
- Work with the Operation Delivery Managers and wider Services and Sales team to manage the sales proposal process from opportunity identification through contract flow down to key BHGE organizations
- Lead deal structuring, pricing and all other proposal development activities as the Services sales team's primary proposal interface with product centres of excellence, commercial operations, and other functional groups as required
- Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals
- Support and lead direct customer and/or partner negotiations as required
- Assist in identifying new opportunities and creating sales anal
- Bachelor's/Diploma degree in Engineering or allied branches from an accredited university or college.
- Experience with subsea equipment, installation and operation highly desirable
- Between 5 and 10 yrs of experience in industry-related sales and/or marketing
- Commercial sales experience in closing large and complex contractual agreements
- Strong understanding of contracts and commercial structures
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs
- Proven coordination and influencing skills
- Established relationships with key customer, partner and industry influencers and decision makers Technical Knowledge and Other Skills
- Intimate knowledge of Oil & Gas industry and regional/local markets, key players, competitors and customers
- Knowledge of customer financial drivers/needs, operational execution methodologies and Services considerations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.