At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary
The Data Analyst is a vital member of the BHGE team, as this role is responsible for the production of pipeline inspection reports delivered to clients across the globe. Delivering high quality, accurate technical reports based on thorough analysis is the cornerstone of PII's business and is integral in ensuring the safe operating of oil and gas pipelines around the world.Essential Responsibilities
Six-Months to One-Year Post Hire:
- Achievement of industry certifications allowing for full-scale data analysis
- Flawless execution and on-time delivery of data analysis
- Knowledge of data preparation and processing
- Pipe-book production, fitting and defect identification, fitting and defect classification, and AGM assessment and inclusion
- Integration of any supplementary data
- Application of client profiles to organize and report In Line Inspection results
- Identifies quality or productivity issues and potential solutions
- Report to various levels of management on project milestones
One to Two Years Post Hire:
- Data preparation, processing, assessment, and confirmation of acceptable data
- Interpretation and quantification of signal data
- Detailed defect sizing assessment
- Training, coaching and mentoring newer analysts
- Ensuring the consistency of work for other analysts, when acting as the Lead Analyst on a specific report
- Pre and post report client support
- Basic Educated to high school level with science and/or mathematics content
- Detailed, analytical, process orientated approach
- Ability to drive issues to a robust closure in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical/experimental/statistical skills
- Green Belt certification (GE internal applicants only)
- Some college or two-year technical degree preferred