At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Essential Responsibilities
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Customs' harmonized tariff code classification process according to BHGE Enterprise Standard, including but not limited to, HS code classification assignment and governance, FTA related HS code, and anti-dumping, duty relief related programs and other customs program in the area of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Other APAC region as it relates to the interaction of the respective programs with tariff classification
- Develop and oversee customs-related process improvement projects, applying innovation and continuous improvement methodologies to define efficient, compliant and cost-effective solutions
- Operation support on the classification daily operations.
- Resolve classification disputes; liaise with local Customs authorities as needed
- Periodically review with classification vendors and provide guidance to help them to improve performance
- Other projects assigned by line manager or functional leader in the region
- Bachelor's or Master's degree Minimum 5 years Customs, and/or international trade business experience
- In-depth Customs tariff code knowledge and practical experience with Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access); Other knowledge about Customs MOFCOM and CIQ such as 3C, dual use products is preferred
- Experience in handling multiple, often complex projects simultaneously
- Customs tariff code knowledge and practical experience with Office (Word, Excel, Access) and business ERPs (Oracle, SAP)
- Good skills in process analysis, data analysis and problem solving
- Aptitude to perform positively when working under pressure
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate multiple / large projects, provide direction and leadership to a network of resources, establish clear goals and achievable project plans and deliverables
- Demonstrated compliance mindset
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Familiarity with Product Composition
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign languages a plus