At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Baker Hughes Commercial finance leader for Asia Pacific shall directly support the business commercial and operations teams in winning new opportunities, driving alignment with corporate policy in order & contract management. In addition, the role shall require result analysis and performance pacing / reporting / reconciliation. This position shall report to the Regional Commercial Finance Manager.Essential Responsibilities:
- Management, analysis and reporting of commercial opportunity pipeline / achievement.
- Drive rigor and compliance in order reporting/recognition
- Evaluate financial status and creditworthiness of new and existing customer base
- Support commercial operations teams in ensuring on time tender support, risk management mitigation strategies and overall opportunity evaluation.
- Timely and accurate monthly order recognition submission, working closely with FP&A team members, ensuring alignment
- Engage directly in contract negotiations with customers to understand and mitigate contract financial & commercial risks.
- Long, medium and short term planning activities including management & reporting.
- Ensure financial instruments to support commercial transactions are raised / executed timely & accurately through close relationship with treasury partners.
- Quarterly Reporting and presentation to CFO and commercial leader on regional dynamics including orders position, contract negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance
- 8+ years operations / finance experience
- Ability to prioritize and plan to meet deadlines
- Continuous improvement type attitude
- Cross-functional mindset to develop/improve processes and anticipating internal customers' needs
- Team player: ability to create and maintain a positive working environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong proficiency in English
- Business / Risk management preferred
- Commercial experience, contract negotiation
- Understanding of Oil & Gas Industry
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more