CS China NPI team is looking for a Software Engineer with demonstrated software expertise to provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of NPI, RTS, and strategic projects.
This engineer will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.Essential Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for Control System platform Software and HMI (Human Machine Interface) Software development and product support;
- Be responsible for developing and testing software in a fast pace.
- Participate in all stages of development from brainstorming through feature development, all the way to fixing the bugs under a tight release deadline.
- Produce clear design, excellent implementation and high quality code.
- Work with Software team leader and senior engineers to understand product requirements;
- Translate requirements into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards, and drive increased efficiency across the teams, leverage product and technology reuse.
- Support process improvements, which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Communicate effectively both within immediate t
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Good command of oral and writing English, CET-6 level
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience of software development for BS degree candidates; and minimum 2 years for MS degree candidates
- C++/C/MFC/C# design skill is required
- Knowledge of DCS system is a plus
- Strong responsibility and flexibility under work pressure
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and good team work player
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments
- Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong customer mind-set
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Ability to undertake occasional work on client site
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more