At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and operationally to the Regional Delivery Manager, the Study Manager has responsibility for the successful management & execution of Proposals, Studies and Front End Projects in support of maturing Early Engagement opportunities. Essential Responsibilities:
- Managing studies / projects according to the project schedule and within budget
- Ensuring that the project is executed in accordance with the PMP, PEP and corporate procedures
- Liaising and reporting Study progress and performance to the Regional Delivery manager and the customer
- Managing study resources and assigning work to the team
- Regular communication of study requirements to all team members in the KO meeting, progress meetings etc.
- Assigning ownership of CTRs to Lead Engineers so that they each know their own responsibilities and the responsibilities of the other Lead Engineers.
- Liaising with other BHGE departments for project support
- Providing study technical overview and assistance where required (where a System Engineer has not been allocated to the project)
- Monitoring and control of study man-hours, costs and project expenses
- Management of change and associated costs including the Work Change Register (WCR), Work Change Notices
- Proven Project Management / Consultancy Experience within the front end space
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of the Subsea Systems Engineering Lifecycle from NPI, Tender development, Project Engineering, SIT, commissioning, and operations
- Proven technical understanding of Subsea Production Systems
- Broad knowledge of processes, methods and procedures within project management
- Demonstrable depth of experience in leadership within a multi-disciplinary, system environment including project planning, executing, customer interfacing, and close-out.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more