Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The Sr. Facilities Technician is a building maintenance specialist responsible for the upkeep, repair and maintenance of all facilities within a geographical region, acting as a contact for emergency situations that affect Oceaneering. Additionally, the Sr. Facilities Technician will assess and consider daily 1) the safety of our employees, 2) the security of our assets and 3) the service to our employees. This position will also serve as a back-up to the Facilities Supervisor and may be responsible for delegating tasks and leading the work of others. Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a contact for regional personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, damage, emergencies and repairs).
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of assigned work orders.
- Monitor contractor performance and work closely with outside vendors and contractors for small projects including repair and maintenance as well as new facility construction projects to ensure work is completed safely and according to specifications.
- Assist with maintaining building security and immediately respond to building emergencies on an on-call basis.
- Monitor and replace light bulbs in all assigned facilities.
- Make minor plumbing repairs.
- Coordinate and assist with departmental and employee moves.
- Perform basic electrical work and if not a licensed electrician, determine when an electrician is required.
- Hang pictures and shelving.
- Dismantle and install furniture.
- Transport goods or equipment as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance to others by troubleshooting standard facilities maintenance issues and determining their cause.
- Serve as a back-up to the Facilities Supervisor
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned by Facilities Supervisor.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- At least three (3) years of experience in a facility maintenance field
- Valid Drivers License with good driving record
- 1-3 years' experience working with building and utility systems
- 1-3 years' experience working with mechanical blueprints and electrical schematic diagrams
- 1-3 years' experience working with computers and using maintenance management systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to learn new computer software programs quickly
- Tradesman certification in any facilities related field
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
- This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Occasional exposure to seasonal weather extremes
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust ¿
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
¿ Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.