Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions. This position will support Houston operations, and may support operations in Mexico as well.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate industrial incidents, injuries, and/or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventative measures.
- Report or review findings from incident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Inspect and audit facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and management system compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Interview employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to the companies lagging indicators.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety.
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Occasional International Travel
- Degree in Safety Technology, Occupational Health, and Safety or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of safety experience.
- TWIC card or the ability to obtain
- Three (3) years Offshore experience or familiarization with offshore client and regulatory requirements.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
- Professional HSE Certifications
- Oil & Gas experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.