Baker Hughes, has an opening for a CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift at our facility in Broken Arrow, OK. The Baker Hughes Broken Arrow machine shop manufactures Subsurface Safety valves. We have a world class climate controlled machine shop equipped with about 90 plus machines. We manufacture our products in one of 12 shop cells.
Baker Hughes offers excellent Benefits including medical, dental, and vision. We have an exceptional 401K plan, which includes a base company contribution and company matching dependent on employee contribution. We offer stock purchase plans for our employees. We also have relocation and sign on bonus potential for qualified applicants. Shift differential pay of $2 per hour is in addition to base pay rate.Essential Responsibilities:
Sets up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (CNC lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines (Fanuc or Mazatrol) and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a CNC Machinist
- Previous experience working with Nickel Alloy (Inconel)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Must be able to select, align, secure holding fixtures and set offsets for, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on mills and / or lathes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
- This role will be working 2nd shift (2:30pm to 10:30pm Mon - Fri)
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as requested.
- This facility is climate controlled throughout the year
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- 2 year technical diploma
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Oil and Gas experience preferred.
- Experience performing short machine runs with multiple set ups.
Broken Arrow, OK