JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Monitor, supervise and develop measurement/analyzer technicians and measurement coordinators.
- Oversee all aspects of gas and liquid measurement (NGLs and condensate) including the measurement of product via pipeline and/or truck.
- Oversee utility measurement including fuel, water, steam and other process utility metering
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of all hardware and communication systems associated with measurement activities
- Review, analyze, and troubleshoot product balances to demonstrate accurate measurement results
- Comply with all commercial and regulatory requirements
- Comply with all safety and environmental laws and regulations
- Budget, monitor, and control operating expenses
- Develop and manage measurement related projects
- Maintain good working relationship with customers and suppliers
- Work closely with corporate personnel including engineering, corporate measurement, property accounting, and distribution
- Minimum of 5 year of related work experience.
- Supervisory experience in the daily activities of measurement/analyzer technicians, measurement coordinators, contract labor, and vendors.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant API, GPA, and ASTM measurement standard
- Fundamental knowledge of company safety, labor, and personnel procedures and guidelines
- The ability to understand meter schematics, pipeline flow characteristics, and to have a fundamental knowledge of gas plant operations
- The ability to diagnose and analyze measurement problems and determine the appropriate course of action for the particular circumstance
- Commitment to ES&H compliance
- Fundamental understanding of gas measurement
- Fundamental understanding of liquid measurement
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Realize the importance of customer relationships and responding to their needs appropriately
- Able to clearly communicate with outside groups, such as customers, suppliers, contractors, and vendors
- Recognize and react to problems before small problems become major problems
- Effectively plan, coach, review and give feedback to employees about performance and developmental needs
- Able to properly prioritize work
- Understand cost control and budgets
- Able to deal with different personalities
- Accepts accountability for all aspects of job performance
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Values experiences and contributions of others
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.