Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Field Operator (Artificial Lift) - Dickinson, ND.Essential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision is responsible for spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on electrical submersible pumps (ESP) systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing is being pulled out of the well. Bands cable onto tubing as the down unit and tubing are being run into the well.
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations. May be called upon to assist with training new Cable Installation employees.
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records. Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork.
- Completes daily time sheet. Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well.
- The ability to collect information during testing and inspection to provide customers with recommendations on equipment or cable status.
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Will be required to lay down equipment
- Assist field specialist on location as required
- High School Diploma
- 1+ year of Mechanical experience
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license and must be able to obtain Class A CDL within 30 days of hire
- Must be able to perform frequent travel in the field
- Must be able to be on call Sunday - Saturday, 24/7
- Candidates must be team players
- Class A CDL preferred
- Previous experience in the oil Field
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with electrical submersible pumps(ESP)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more