At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes Canada has an opening for an Account Manager - Upstream Chemicals. As a leader in the oilfield industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively can create value for our customers and our shareholders
- Manage all aspects of production chemistry supply and service contract
- Provide on-site production operations support
- Complete monthly consumption reports for customers
- Act as a primary point of contact for all technical, commercial and operational queries
- Provide chemical optimization and process troubleshooting support to the production operations group
- Proactive monitoring and optimization of chemical treatment programs. Organize routine production chemical reviews and product selection activities
- Chemical Budget preparation and stewardship
- Active participation of technical reviews and proposals
- The Account Manager for Baker Hughes' upstream chemicals is the focal point of communication between the organization and the needs of our customers
- The position is field based working in and outdoors
- Identify issues and gather data from customers
- Obtain samples, prepare samples and complete proper requests forms
- Interpret lab analysis results prior to sending them to the customers
- Complete Technical Service Requests (TSR) when technical support help is required and submit to the Field Manager for approval
- Gathering the necessary data and helping the technical support personnel solve the problem in a way that is desirable to the customer
- Write basic recommendations (where possible) and send to the Field Manager for review
- Review recommendations from Tech Group to ensure accuracy and distribute to the customers and internal contacts
- Identify product gaps and communicate them to the Field Manager
- Ensure customer key performance indicators are met
- Effectively manage bulk, tote and drum chemical deliveries and inventories
- Maintain a positive rapport with client
- Entertain clients and conduct business development activities to foster customer relations
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes' HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and core values
- Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Chemical knowledge and technical aptitude.
- 5 Years + of Oilfield experience is desirable
- Effective Time Management and Organization Skills are essential to the success of this position.
- Computer competency with proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e.Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and work within a team environment
- Clean 5 clean driver's license
- Positive attitude
- Must have people skills and work well within a team environment
- Post-Secondary Education will be considered an asset but is not essential
Medicine Hat, Alberta