BHGE currently has a vacancy for a dedicated Project Engineer who will be based at client HQ in South Rumaila on a rotational contract. This position will report directly to the Iraq ALS Account Manager; and although the position is predominantly office based the role will require field visits from time to time.Responsibilities
- Be the single point of contact and be accountable for the performance of all personnel provided by BHGE and its sub-contractors and shall report to client on a day to day basis in the planning and carrying out of all works mentioned herein, HSE performance and for all issues relating to compliance and execution of the work.
- Where required by the client the Project Engineer shall form part of client's well planning team and shall be responsible for;
- Providing Safety Leadership to all BHGE and sub-contractors personnel performing work under the contract;
- Taking part in all client's safety initiatives and setting of safety targets and goals for all BHGE and sub-contractors personnel performing work under the contract;
- Ensuring high standards of environmental awareness, performance and compliance for all personnel, materials, equipment during for both pre and post job operations provided by BHGE during all stages of works as stated herein.
- Taking full accountability for the technical quality, safety and environmental performance of all sub-contracted services managed by BHGE;
- Ensuring that all produced documentation pertaining to client comes under a document control system where signatory authorities will be described through the Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed (RACI) process. Digital copies of all documentation will be required, copies of which shall be lodged with client.
- Ensuring Application / Engineering support is provided and responds to ESP design and sizing review requests within 24 hours.
- Supporting ESP Commissioning and ensure timely analysis and submission of, at least but not limited to, morning and evening reports.
- Making recommendations to the client to mitigate failure causes identified by DIFA/ tear down of ESPs.
- Liaising with and ensure efficient communication and interchange of data is maintained with Applications Engineering support staff contracted to client via other contracts i.e. ESP Operations and Maintenance Contract.
- Production and updating of a Basis of Design (BOD) document for the project. The objective of this document is to record the major decision on the project and how they were made. The document must be auditable and consider;
- Optimum Design - The optimum design taking into consideration and future requirements or long lead time elements that may need to be considered.
- Selection - Based on technical/HSE/commercial and identified risks what are the best options for the project.
- Measurement and enforcing KPI's - How can we evaluate whether solution has been successful
- Applying risk based engineering processes to prepare the BOD, individual work programmes and all associated engineering and documentation;
- Cost estimations factoring in all elements of the job such as but not limited to time, materials, equipment etc.
- Provide solutions to work programs related to this service where needed either during the program writing or during ongoing operations whereas standard design and work procedures become unworkable due to operational changes or well conditions etc.
- Participate in pre and post operational meetings including the well close out meeting and be able to present the ESP details in a professional manner highlighting critical issues.
- Undertake worksite visits on an ad-hoc basis but as a minimum, once per month. The purpose of the visit is to ensure that BHGE personnel are working in a safe and efficient manner, developing and utilising an inspection system which will cover as a minimum, ESP servicing and handling, equipment maintenance, testing, record keeping and quality of service provided to client and interface skills with the rig contractors.
- Producing or ensuring that the reports and plans as stated herein are prepared, approved and issued.
- Correlating and recording daily, weekly and monthly reports based on operations as and when required by client.
- Correlation and presentation of all service tickets for signing and justification to the appointed client representative, in a timely manner, prior to invoicing.
- Create and maintain an audit log register for all worksite operations and system audit performed.
- Engineering Degree
- Must have at least 10 years relative experience in ALS is required
- Competent on Autograph software and familiar with SubPump software
- Works well under pressure and can prioritize.
- Professional and diplomatic, as will be the focal point / face of BHGE ALS in front of the customer
- Knowledge of Baker Hughes product line is an advantage
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.