At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to Work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy futureRole Summary
HR Generalist will work within the HR Operations Team; this centre is the first point of contact for all HR issues such as benefits, general policy queries and other employment related issues. You will be reporting to the HR Generalist - Team Lead. The role itself will involve the handling of all HR queries in areas such as benefits, general policy queries and other employment related aspects with eye attention to detail, whilst implementing actions through the Baker Hughes SAP system or alternatively through the global HR case management system. Direct Responsibilities:
- Administer day-to-day HR related transactions including promotions, salary changes end of employments, one-time payments, verification of employment and employee inquiries.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in HR processes, policies and standard operating procedures Monitor assigned queries and provide a helpful and timely response across various disciplines of HR
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Receives and responds to requests concerning HR policies/programs
- Provide customer service support
- Escalate complex queries to appropriate owner (inside or outside of R)
- Assist with data correction specifically for issues that cannot be resolved through self-servic
- Monitor team queue in the case management tool and self-assign cases as appropriate
- Log each query in the case management tool, resolve query/request by referring to company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Record and track cases in the case management system, and follow through to ensure each case is resolved within defined KPI.
- Support Data Integrity initiatives in all HR Systems
- Any other duties that reflect the responsibilities of this role, or as assigned by the HRSC management
- Communicate and share processes, policies, and other relevant documentation to employees needed to resolve the query/ issue
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 1-2 years of experience in a corporate HR support or client services role preferred
- 2-5 years of HRIS experience
- Graduate Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Data Science, or related field
- Strong analytics, business, and financial acumen, with the ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Excellent working knowledge of data management best practices and standards
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical resource
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Knowledge of SAP, Neocase, Workday systems and tools
- Understanding of HR policies and processes
- Familiarity with customer service environment and ability to meet identified targets
- Working knowledge of service request management tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, Access, Excel
- Knowledge of Office Procedures
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more